Thursday, May 20, 2010

McKenna slams government decision to stop CLÁR funding for local roads


North Monaghan Sinn Féin Councillor, Brian McKenna, has slammed the decision of the government to stop CLÁR funding for rural lanes under the Local Improvement Scheme. Cllr. McKenna stated that many lanes within the CLÁR area had received funding under this scheme in recent times and it meant that those living in isolated rural areas were in a position to upgrade and resurface the access to their homes.

He said: “There continues to be many lanes within the CLÁR area in much need of resurfacing. In many cases those living on these lanes are elderly people on their own. Some of them have already been waiting for years for assistance. This government decision will inevitably mean further delays, perhaps for many years, for applicants of this scheme”.

Under the Local Improvement Scheme residents and landowners receive resurfacing works to their lanes provided they make a financial contribution and carry out preparatory works themselves. The CLÁR funding, which has been stopped, provided funding for lanes in the more isolated rural areas.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The article looks magnificent, but it would be beneficial if you can share more about the suchlike subjects in the future. Keep posting. PM Modi Yojana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attractive, post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have liked browsing your blog posts. After all, I will surely subscribe to your feed, and I hope you will write again soon! PM Modi Scheme

    ReplyDelete